Thursday 16 October 2014

EID-UL-AZHA

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحىʿīd al-aḍḥā [ʕiːd ælˈʔɑdˤħæ] meaning "Festival of the sacrifice"), also called the Feast of the Sacrifice (Turkish: Kurban Bayramı; Bosnian: Kurban Bajram; Persian: عید قربان‎, Eid-e qorban), the "Major Festival",[1] the "Greater Eid", Baqr'Eid (Urdu: بقر عید‎), or Tabaski (West Africa), is the second of two religious holidays celebrated by Muslims worldwide each year. It honors the willingness of Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his promised son, Ishmael (Ismail)a, as an act of submission to God's command, before God then intervened to provide Abraham with a lamb to sacrifice instead.[2] The meat from the sacrificed animal is preferred to be divided into three parts. The family retains one third of the share; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors; and the remaining third is given to the poor and needy.

 

I put hannah on my hands. It looked really beautiful.This time we celebrated our Eid on 6th of October.We sacrificed 2 goats and a calf.I felt really sorry for them.This time I wore shalwar kameez. We got 3 holidays from school. I celebrated my Eid at my village and it was really grand.I went to my cousin's placeand enjoyed there with my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment